Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so easy and yummy! I get requests for this recipe whenever I take this dessert somewhere. You can use a chocolate Jiffy cake mix...use the entire amount if you do. Prepare the cake according to package directions, but use only about 2/3 of the batter in the cake pan. Use the rest of the batter to make cupcakes. This cake can be made a day ahead (in fact, I prefer it when made ahead).
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker butter recipe supermoist chocolate cake mix (you can use any chocolate cake mix...just make according to package directions)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (or 1 stick)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (I use Extra Creamy)
- 3 Heath candy bars or 3 Skor candy bars, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of 13X9 cake pan.
- Beat cake mix, butter and eggs on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed one minute, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (I shorten the time a bit from the directions, since you're only using 2/3 of the batter).
- While cake is cooling, beat together puddings, milk and ice cream until smooth and thick (about 2 minutes).
- Place mixture in refrigerator until cake is completely cooled.
- Smooth pudding mixture over cooled cake.
- Spread Cool Whip over top of pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle crushed Heath bars over top of Cool Whip.
I can't believe I am the first to review this recipe. It was great and my whole family loved it. The combination of chocolate and butterscotch pudding was perfect. This is one my family will request again and again. Prepared for PAC spring '08.