Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
YUMMY! Serve these warm, dripping with melted butter and mugs of hot coffee:)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Heath candy bars, crushed (or 1 package toffee bits)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Grease the bottoms only of 12 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together the milk, oil and egg.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; add to milk mixture just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the Heath bars.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins--the cups will be full; bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Immediately remove muffins from the tins; serve warm, or cool completely.
- ***Insteadof Heath bars, try chopped Snickers bars, Milky Ways, peppermint patties, Milk Duds, Whoppers, etc.
These are good right from the oven. They were lacking some flavor. I used a pkg of Heath toffee bits. Next time I will try using crushed candy bars. I think the candy bars will give the muffins more chocolate flavor. I greased bottoms only of the muffin cups. Next time, I will use paper liners or grease the whole cup. I had trouble removing the muffins. I ended up using a knife around the edges and that helped. Thanks for a good, easy recipe!