Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Oetker Baking is Fun. This recipe is unusual in that it uses rye flour and whole wheat flour rather than all purpose flour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a baking sheet, line it with waxed paper and grease again.
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add honey, eggs and chocolate.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours and baking powder.
- Add 2/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Knead the rest fo the flour into the dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes (makes dough easier to roll our).
- Roll out dough on a flour surface to a 1/4 " or 6 mm thickness.
- Cut out heart shapes in 2 sizes.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on middle rack for 10 minutes.
- Soften chocofix as directed on package.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Decorate cookies by placing small cookies onto the large cookies.
- Press together with the chocolate glaze.