Prep 3 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This is a elegant, incredible recipe. It is really worth the little effort. 8)
Make and share this Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- Put the chocolate in a medium metal bowl. Bring cream to simmer in small saucepan.
- Pour over chocolate and let it stand 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth; mix in brandy and vanilla.
- Let mixture cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- With a electric mixer, beat mixture until fluffy and lighter in color, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in 6 tablespoons ground hazelnuts. Cover and chill mixture about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts in separate medium bowl. Fill glass with hot water.
- Dip a 1-inch diameter melon baller into water, then into truffle mixture, forming a round truffle.
- Drop truffle into nuts. Roll coating completely and press to adhere. Place on sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and nuts.
- Cover and chill until firm, about 1 hour. Enjoy!