Recipe by Brittney_B
Delectable rich chocolaty truffles with a smooth centre and crunchy coating. Look great, taste amazing!
Top Review by Cookin'Diva
How can you rate a truffle less than 5-stars? I will admit that they were messy to make. It's hard to roll them in nice balls without getting your fingers covered in chocolate. Regarding the quantity, I doubt anyone would get 45 truffles from this recipe. I got about 20, but I'm not really complaining. They are delightful.
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (I used nutella)
- 1⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cream and chocolate in a medium heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, stirring every minute, for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in the spread until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Place the slivered almonds in a shallow bowl and line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Scoop out a teaspoonful of the chocolate mixture and use your hands to roll it into a ball.
- Roll the truffle ball in the almonds until it is completely covered and then place it on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm and set.