Delectable rich chocolaty truffles with a smooth centre and crunchy coating. Look great, taste amazing!
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (I used nutella)
- 1⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- Place the cream and chocolate in a medium heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, stirring every minute, for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in the spread until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Place the slivered almonds in a shallow bowl and line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Scoop out a teaspoonful of the chocolate mixture and use your hands to roll it into a ball.
- Roll the truffle ball in the almonds until it is completely covered and then place it on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm and set.
How can you rate a truffle less than 5-stars? I will admit that they were messy to make. It's hard to roll them in nice balls without getting your fingers covered in chocolate. Regarding the quantity, I doubt anyone would get 45 truffles from this recipe. I got about 20, but I'm not really complaining. They are delightful.
We made these for the OZ/NZ swap #19 and DD15's newfound love of confections... they were very easy, terrific, attractive, and quickly gone.
This is super easy to make and they are really delightful little morsels. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.