Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from an Independent Grocers Gay Lea ad. You can also use star shaped chocolates for the filling. Prep time includes cooling time
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place about 2in apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- With thumb, indent the center of each ball.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden on the underside.
- Cool on pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Move to rack to cool completely.
- Stir together chocolate and sour cream.
- Pipe or spoon into cooled cookie's indentations.