Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from an Independent Grocers Gay Lea ad. You can also use star shaped chocolates for the filling. Prep time includes cooling time
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place about 2in apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- With thumb, indent the center of each ball.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes or until set and golden on the underside.
- Cool on pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Move to rack to cool completely.
- Stir together chocolate and sour cream.
- Pipe or spoon into cooled cookie's indentations.