Recipe by Rhonda *J*
Posting in response to a requst for recipes using Nutella. I too love the stuff, and i also LOVE a good cheesecake so I thought this sounded GREAT! Got this from The Eaglebrand website.
Top Review by Jopalis
This recipe is fabulous. I didn't find it dry at all. I used the waterbath method and followed the cooling instructions. It did take longer to bake and I would recommend a higher temperature. Perhaps 325 or 350. Watch it though don't overcook it. It will continue to cook when the oven is off and door cracked open. I baked it til not too jiggly. A winner! Thank you. Made an awesome birthday cake for my DH.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) canregular sweetened condensed milk (such as Eaglebrand) or 1 (10 ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk (such as Eaglebrand)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Crust: Combine flour& sugar, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in nuts, press firmly on bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven& reduce oven temperature.
- to 300 degrees.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Add eggs& lemon juice, beating until smooth.
- Measure out 1 1/2 cups batter, stir in hazelnut spread.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups of the yellow batter over baked crust.
- Top with about 1 cup of the chocolate hazelnut batter.
- Repeat layering.
- With a spatula or knife, swirl batter to marble cake, being careful not to break crust.
- Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes.
- or until set.
- Cool completely on wire rack.