Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this in response to a recipe request. Let me know how it is. The quantity and prep/ cooking times are a guess.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking pan.
- Toast until the skins are almost black, about 15 minutes.
- Wrap hot hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel, and rub until most of the skins have come off.
- Discard skins.
- Process nuts in the bowl of a food processor, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, until they have liquefied, about 5 minutes.
- Set the hazelnuts aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and honey in a heatproof bowl or the top of a double boiler; set over a pan of simmering water.
- Stirring occasionally, heat until the chocolate chips have melted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the hot chocolate mixture to the liquefied hazelnuts, and process until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spread to an airtight container, and store, refrigerated, up to 1 month.
I love this recipe and made it as Christmas gifts. Everyone loved it!!!
This is it! It taste exactly like Nutella! So much cheaper to make too. Thank you!!!
Loved the recipe, It even costed less to make than to buy. It tastes better as well