Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this in response to a recipe request. Let me know how it is. The quantity and prep/ cooking times are a guess.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place hazelnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking pan.
- Toast until the skins are almost black, about 15 minutes.
- Wrap hot hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel, and rub until most of the skins have come off.
- Discard skins.
- Process nuts in the bowl of a food processor, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally, until they have liquefied, about 5 minutes.
- Set the hazelnuts aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, chocolate chips, and honey in a heatproof bowl or the top of a double boiler; set over a pan of simmering water.
- Stirring occasionally, heat until the chocolate chips have melted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the hot chocolate mixture to the liquefied hazelnuts, and process until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spread to an airtight container, and store, refrigerated, up to 1 month.