Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
You can thank Giada De Laurentiis for these delicious Nutella morsels.
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 236.59 ml chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended -- Nutella)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- granulated sugar, for dredging
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper on the work surface. Brush the edges of the wrapper lightly with egg.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper diagonally in half over the filling and press the edges of the wrapper to seal.
- Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers, egg, and chocolate-hazelnut spread.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Add enough oil to a heavy large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches.
- Heat the oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Working in batches, carefully add the ravioli to the hot oil and cook until they are golden brown, about 45 seconds per side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Then, transfer the cooked ravioli to another baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while frying the remaining ravioli. (The fried ravioli can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Cool them completely, then cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, place them on a baking sheet and rewarm in a preheated 375 degrees F oven just until they are heated through, about 7 minutes.)
- This next step is optional:.
- Spray the top side of the mint leaves very lightly with nonstick spray.
- Working with 1 leaf at a time, dredge the coated side of the leaves in sugar to coat lightly.
- Arrange 2 fried ravioli on each plate. Dust the ravioli with powdered sugar.
- Garnish with the sugared mint leaves and serve.