Recipe by isabellaclaussen
This is a cake recipe I got from a friend in Germany. It is pretty much a chocolate hazelnut pound cake. The cake is not dry and everybody loved it so far. I could imagine that you can substitue the hazelnuts with pecans but I never tried that.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- preaheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- grease pan and put breadcrumbs (instead of flour) in it.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl.
- add eggs one at a time.
- mix flour and baking powder and add slowly to mixture.
- add nuts and chocolate.
- bake for around 70 minutes.