1/1 Photo of Chocolate Hazelnut Phyllo Dessert Fit for Queens
This is a perfect recipe for people who have never used phyllo. Some people make it sound as though if you break a sheet the whole dish is broken. Sheets can be broken and it's still "all good" and elegant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Measure Nutella, corn syrup, and cinnamon sugar in measuring cups.
- 3Set aside the measuring cups (with the ingredients still in them).
- 4Melt butter and set aside with a pastry brush in it.
- 5Unroll 1 sleeve of defrosted phyllo dough on work space.
- 6Grease a square baking pan with butter.
- 7Now pick up a sheet of phyllo dough and put it into the bottom of the pan (some will lay over the edge of pan so just butter it and stuff the thing in the pan, no big deal.).
- 8Try to work fast because it's easy.
- 9Use up 5 of the sheets this way.
- 10Layer the next 5 sheets by sprinkling cinnamon sugar on top of the butter.
- 11Put a sheet down and butter it.
- 12Next, put a sheet down and brush it with butter and while holding down the phyllo sheet spread all of the Nutella on the sheet (if the phyllo moves around and your getting uptight soften it in the microwave).
- 13Don't worry about getting it perfectly smooth and even.
- 14Use the rest of the sheets by alternating buttered sugar cinnamon layers and buttered corn syrup drizzled layers.
- 15When doing the corn syrup, use the amount you think you would like (you might want less or more than the said amount).
- 16Brush the top with butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar and drizzle a tiny bit of corn syrup.
- 17Cook in oven on the bottom rack (to be sure that the bottom layers get cooked) for about 9 minutes or until the top layer is nice and brown.
- 18Cut and eat !
- 19This dessert's quality is compromised after a couple hours so you really shouldn't plan on storing it.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Hazelnut Phyllo Dessert Fit for Queens
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 263.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g