Recipe by LDSMom128
My son broght home a kids cooking book for his library day at school and these were in it. He is only 8 and loves to help me cook and bake and he is always looking to find recipes that he can help me make! I am mostly putting it here so that we can keep the recipe when the book needs to be returned! When they showed this, they had 12 oz of puff pastry and divided it into thirds and also made fruity treats and cheesy sticks, which I have also added here. These should make 16 cookies. I personally don't care for any nute, and if you're allergic, you can omit the hazelnuts and use more chocolate chips! This could probably be doubled easily if needed. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces premade puff pastry, dethawed but still slightly chilled
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with some butter or some pan spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hazelnuts, chcolate chips. brown sugar, spices, and butter.
- Roll out the puff pastry to 8X12 inch rectangle. Brush the pastry with some of the beaten egg. Using 2/3 of the nut mixture.
- Fold the short sides of the rectangle into the middle. Brush the tops with the egg and sprinkle on the rest of the nut mixture. Fold the folded edges into the middle. Brush the top with the egg. Fold the pastry in half to form a roll. Cut into 16 slices. They will be kind of pretzel shape!
- Bake for about 10 minutes and the pastry is golden brown.