1/2 Photos of Chocolate & Hazelnut Muhallabieh - Middle Eastern Cream Tart
Um Safia's Note:
Muhallabieh is typically a Lebanese dessert but is popular all over the Middle East in various forms. The best way I could describe it is that it tastes like chocolate covered turkish delight!!! This is a particularly good but very sweet version :) I sometimes like to use almonds in place of the hazelnuts, I also double the rose water & the cocoa powder. I also like to omit the condensed milk & just use all milk (including milk in place of the water) & then sweeten which means that the tart is no longer sickly sweet! Chilling time not included..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the base
- 250 g digestive biscuits, ground
- 110 g butter, melted
- 1Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl; Rub the ingredients until well combined. Place the mixture over the base and sides of a 26cm lose bottom tart tin and set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, add the Sweetened Condensed Milk, water, cornflour and cocoa powder in a large saucepan; bring to boil with constant stirring until mixture thickens then add rose water and stir.
- 3Pour the hot mixture over the prepared base and set it aside to cool in room temperature.
- 4Spread the whipped cream over the cooled filling and sprinkle with the cracked hazelnuts on top and place in the fridge till the serving time.
- 5Tip: For a better garnish; pipe the whipped cream using a piping bag with a star nozzle and garnish with strawberry and mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate & Hazelnut Muhallabieh - Middle Eastern Cream Tart
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 407.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: