Recipe by Chef PotPie
These sound delicious. I just found this recipe in BHG magazine. I'm going to try and get to these before summer is over! Cooking time is freezing time.)
Top Review by Chef Jean
These are wonderful! I didn't have chocolate cookies so I used graham crackers. They turned out great, but I bet the chocolate would be even better. I love the Nutella inside the sandwhich and the crunch of the nuts on the outside. Made for ZWT 7.
- 16 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 pint premium chocolate ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread flat side of each wafer with hazelnut spread; set aside. Scoop 8 ice cream balls, about 3 tablespoons each; keep in freezer until ready to assemble.
- To assemble sandwiches, remove ice cream balls from freezer; let stand 1 minute to soften. Place 1 ice cream ball on 8 hazelnut-spread wafers. Top with remaining wafers; press gently together.
- Sprinkle edges with nuts. Place sandwiches on baking sheet lined with waxed paper; freeze 3 hours or until firm. To store, freeze up to two weeks in self-sealing plastic bags. Makes 8 sandwiches.