Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These sound delicious. I just found this recipe in BHG magazine. I'm going to try and get to these before summer is over! Cooking time is freezing time.)
- 16 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 pint premium chocolate ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Spread flat side of each wafer with hazelnut spread; set aside. Scoop 8 ice cream balls, about 3 tablespoons each; keep in freezer until ready to assemble.
- To assemble sandwiches, remove ice cream balls from freezer; let stand 1 minute to soften. Place 1 ice cream ball on 8 hazelnut-spread wafers. Top with remaining wafers; press gently together.
- Sprinkle edges with nuts. Place sandwiches on baking sheet lined with waxed paper; freeze 3 hours or until firm. To store, freeze up to two weeks in self-sealing plastic bags. Makes 8 sandwiches.
These are wonderful! I didn't have chocolate cookies so I used graham crackers. They turned out great, but I bet the chocolate would be even better. I love the Nutella inside the sandwhich and the crunch of the nuts on the outside. Made for ZWT 7.