Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rich, elegant dessert sandwich! It's a grilled cheese, but made into an oh so wonderful sweet by the chocolate and hazelnut flavors.
- 8 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (about 1/2 cup) or 8 tablespoons nutella (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 8 slices white bread (you can also use whole wheat bread to pump up the fiber)
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- In a small bowl, stir the Nutella and cheese together.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 4 slices on your work surface, buttered side down. Spread the cheese and Nutella mixture evenly over the 4 slices so that it is about 1/4 inch thick (any thicker and the sandwich will be too gooey).
- Place the remaining 4 bread slices on top, buttered side up.
- Cut off the crusts which helps to pinch the bread together to create a seal.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Put the sandwiches in the skillet, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has begun to soften.
- Uncover, and turn the sandwiches over with a spatula. Cook for one minute or until the undersides are golden brown.
- Turn the sandwiches over again, and cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese is soft and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
OMG -? why didn't I make the WHOLE recipe??? To be honest, I was a bit curious but not expecting a lot from this combination. And oh, my goodness - this was fantastic! I'm tempted to keep a jar of the goat cheese & Nutella mix always on hand! I did stray a bit from the recipe to use up things I had on hand. I had a really nice baguette and cut off a five inch hunk that I sliced lengthwise into four ¼ inch slices. I used the outsides (crusts) for croutons, and used the two inside softer slices for the sandwich. I buttered the slices and put them in the pan until they started to get golden, then smeared the Nutella goat cheese on one slice, topped with the other, and finished each side up until crispy golden brown. The nutella cheese was nice and shmeary, delish! Served it with some ripe, juicy strawberries on the side. Oh, and dipped up the leftover cheese mix with whole strawberries - now that's a great dessert on its own!!! Thanks so much for posting my new addiction! Made for My Three Chefs 2013.