From Everyday Italian, you gotta try this! There is an inactive prep time of about 2 1/2 hours. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan combine the milk, cream, and 1/2 cup sugar on medium heat. Cook until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whip the egg yolks with the remaining sugar using an electric mixer until the eggs have become thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup of the warm milk and cream mixture into the egg mixture and stir. Add the mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- 3Put a strainer over a medium bowl and pour the warm custard mixture through it. Stir in the vanilla and hazelnut spread until it dissolves. Chill the mixture completely before pouring into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions to freeze. To serve, scoop gelato into serving bowls and top with hazelnuts.
- 4Note: I do not use an ice cream maker, just put in freezer, stirring every 30 minutes or so, for about 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.1
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 65.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g