Recipe by KittyKitty
Yum, Yum, Yummy, these are so delicious it's sinful. You could shape the galettes like hearts, for valentines, or just to be sweet!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into squares
- 3 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons flaked hazelnuts
- 4 ounces white chocolate, broken onto squares
- 2⁄3 cup fromage frais (8% fat) or 2⁄3 cup cream cheese (8% fat)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- gooseberries or hazelnuts
- dipped in white chocolate, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water, then remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Draw 12, 3 inch circles on sheets of waxed paper. Turn the paper over and spread the semisweet chocolate over each marked circle, covering in a thin even layer. Sprinkle flaked hazelnuts over four of the circles, then let set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water, then stir in the fromage frais and dry sherry.Fold in the chopped toasted hazelnuts. Let cool until the mixture holds its shape.
- Remove the chocolate rounds carefully from the paper and sandwich them together in stacks of 3, spooning the hazelnut cream between each layr and using the hazelnut covered rounds on top. Chill before serving.
- To serve,place the galettes on individual plates and decorate with chocolate dipped physalis or hazelnuts.