Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chocoholic friends and family will know you fussed when they taste these mini chocolate cream puffs filled with creamy, chocolate-hazelnut flavor. These tiny treats are as pretty as a picture and worth every mouth-watering bite.”
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hazelnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- confectioners' sugar
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in hazelnut spread and cream until blended. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and remaining sugar. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour mixture all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set and browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool completely. Spoon filling into cream puffs; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
These are Great! I served them at a party I catered and the guest ate them as fast as I could get them on the tray. Thanks