2 hrs 30 mins
Leave Room For Dessert !! From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. Even if you've never baked a cake, it's easy to make this candy-studded masterpiece. You can also make ahead by freezing unfrosted cake layers, wrapped in plastic wrap and foil, for up to 2 months before you need them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package ferrero rocher hazelnut truffles, unwrapped, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 tablespoon milk
- marzipan, fruit, and (optional)
- chocolate leaves (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- 3At low speed beat cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, and oil until combined, 30 seconds.
- 4Increase speed to medium-high; beat 2 minutes. Stir in half of chopped candy.
- 5Divide batter between pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- 6Cool on racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- 7Combine 3/4 cup frosting, chocolate-hazelnut spread, milk, and remaining candy.
- 8Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with frosting mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with marzipan fruit and chocolate leaves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 455.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 67.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: