Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Leave Room For Dessert !! From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. Even if you've never baked a cake, it's easy to make this candy-studded masterpiece. You can also make ahead by freezing unfrosted cake layers, wrapped in plastic wrap and foil, for up to 2 months before you need them.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packageferrero rocher hazelnut truffles, unwrapped, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans milk chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 tablespoon milk
- marzipan, fruit, and (optional)
- chocolate leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- At low speed beat cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, and oil until combined, 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium-high; beat 2 minutes. Stir in half of chopped candy.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool on racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- Combine 3/4 cup frosting, chocolate-hazelnut spread, milk, and remaining candy.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with frosting mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with marzipan fruit and chocolate leaves, if desired.