Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Warm milk in microwave for 40 seconds on high, run egg under tap water for a minute if its cold.
- Add ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer, except the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Set the cycle to sweet/nut/fruit cycle, 1 1/2 lb loaf.
- Check the dough after about 5 minutes, if its too wet then add a tablespoon of flour at a time, if its too dry then add a tablspoon of water at a time, until dough forms a smooth round ball.
- Add the nuts and chips at the add-in beep.
This was not as I expected, but I loved eating it for breakfast - toasted, with peanut butter spread on top. Super tasty! It was a little crumbly, so I might try to add a bit more milk next time. Thanks!
This bread came out great for me. This has a very soft, tender texture and a lovely dark brown color. The flavor was very nice -not overly chocolatey, but still very tasty. I skipped the warming steps as my machine has a built in warming cycle for the ingredients. I found the measurements to be very accurate. This produced a 1 1/2 pound size loaf.
I'm sorry this bread didn't work for you. I make it in my bread machine and use it to make excellent peanut butter sandwiches. Maybe its the flour?