Recipe by Charmed
These biscotti are so good, simple and chocolately. I found it on a website many years ago in Prodigy.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate& butter in a heavy saucepan over very low heat; remove from heat& stir in vanilla, and let cool.
- Beat the eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until they are frothy; gradually add sugar and beat until thick and pale (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chocolate mixture, stirring until blended.
- Combine flour& baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture, then stir in nuts.
- Flour your hands and form the dough into a 13" log.
- Place the log onto the prepared baking sheet and brush with the egg white.
- Bake 45 minutes, until firm to the touch; cool on a wire rack.
- Cut the log with a serrated knife crosswise into 24 half-inch slices, and place flat on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake again at 350 for 10 minutes, then turn and bake for another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.