Recipe by Abby Girl
You can subsitute any dried fruit in place of the dried cherries in this crunchy, sweet snack. This went nicely with a Mango Coconut Serbet that I served. Yummy. Note: I added 2 T toffee crunch that I found in our bulk section. Optional, but a nice addition
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts (about 4 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Note: at this point, the recipe states to rub the skins off, but I left them on. Coarsely chop nuts.
- Combine nuts, cherries and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave at high for 1 minute (or until melted) stirring every 15 seconds. Add nuts and fruit, stirring just until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly on a jelly roll pan lined with foil; freeze. Break into pieces.