Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my High School recipes that I am putting here to keep. The paper it's on now is so badly fading. I use to make these so often for my brothers, they loved them. I can't read how many it makes nor can I remember. So I will make them for my chocoholic Daughter on her next visit from college and come back and fill it in. Time does not include cooling down time.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- Mix margarine (or butter) with the sugar, milk, cocoa, and vanilla extract in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil for 30 seconds.
- Take off of heat and mix the oats in well.
- Drop in lumps using a tablespoon on cookie sheet and cool in fridge.
my mom always made this when we were kids, the recipie got lost in a move thank you for putting this on now I can teach my kids.