I looked everywhere for this recipe and finally found it. My family loves it and it is so easy to make!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk and 1 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water.
- Bring coconut mixture to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch.
- Continue stirring mixture over low heat until thickened.
- In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted.
- Reserve 1/2 of the coconut mixture.
- Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Layer the cream on pie; if desired garnish with chocolate shavings.
- *Bestif it refrigerates over night to completely firm.