1/1 Photo of Chocolate Haupia (Coconut) Pie
1 hr 20 mins
I looked everywhere for this recipe and finally found it. My family loves it and it is so easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk and 1 cup sugar.
- 5In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water.
- 6Bring coconut mixture to a boil.
- 7Reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch.
- 8Continue stirring mixture over low heat until thickened.
- 9In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted.
- 10Reserve 1/2 of the coconut mixture.
- 11Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer.
- 12Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- 13Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 14Layer the cream on pie; if desired garnish with chocolate shavings.
- 15*Bestif it refrigerates over night to completely firm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Haupia (Coconut) Pie
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 60.5 g
- Protein 7.0 g