This recipe makes a perfect hamentashen filling - it is almost a brownie consistency. It doesn't ooze out like so many jam/jelly fillings and doesn't burn like a chocolate chip filling. Yummy!!
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a microwave proof bowl melt the 5 oz semisweet chocolate and the unsweetened chocolate together.
- Mix in all the margarine, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, coffee and sugar.
- Mix to combine and then fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- The extra filling (if any) may be made into chocolate brownie drop cookies.
- Makes enough filling for at least 3 dozen hamentashen.