1/1 Photo of Chocolate Hamentashen Filling
This recipe makes a perfect hamentashen filling - it is almost a brownie consistency. It doesn't ooze out like so many jam/jelly fillings and doesn't burn like a chocolate chip filling. Yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1In a microwave proof bowl melt the 5 oz semisweet chocolate and the unsweetened chocolate together.
- 2Mix in all the margarine, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, coffee and sugar.
- 3Mix to combine and then fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4The extra filling (if any) may be made into chocolate brownie drop cookies.
- 5Makes enough filling for at least 3 dozen hamentashen.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Hamentashen Filling
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 54.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g