Recipe by helowy
I've been told these are almost like brownies. A fun twist on a traditional cookie. Cook time does not include freezing the dough or cooling the cookies. You will have extra filling left that you can use as fudge.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift cake mix, flour, and cocoa. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and water.
- Add dry mixture to wet and mix until blended. Dough will be sticky.
- Roll dough into a cylinder about 3" in diameter. Wrap cylinder in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Remove dough from freezer and let thaw slightly (about 1/2 hour if dough is frozen solid).
- While dough is thawing, melt chocolate together with sweetened condensed milk in microwave on 50% power. Mix well.
- Slice dough into quarter inch slices.
- Add a dollop of the chocolate filling to the middle of each slice.
- Once dough is completely defrosted, fold each slice into a triangle, being sure to pinch the corners closed and leave the filling peeking out of the middle.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes and then remove them to cooling racks to finish cooling.