A very moist dense chocolate cake that gets even better with age! The dark beer is what gives this cake an intense flavor! This cake will not fit into a regular size 12-cup bundt pan.
My Private Note
(9 or 1 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Grease three 9 or 10-inch round cake pans then line the bottoms with parchment paper, then butter the paper.
- 3Bring 2 cups stout beer and 2 cups butter to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add in cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth; cool slightly.
- 5In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 6In another bowl using an electric mixer beat eggs until thick and lemon coloured (about 5-6 minutes, this is important must beat for no less than 5 minutes!) add in the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- 7Add the stout/chocolate mixture to the egg mixture; beat JUST to combine.
- 8Add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- 9Divide the batter equally among the three pans.
- 10Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the cakes test done.
- 11Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to plates.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Guinness Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3182.4
- Calories from Fat 1410
- Total Fat 156.7 g
- Saturated Fat 95.3 g
- Cholesterol 626.5 mg
- Sodium 3693.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 427.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 271.2 g
- Protein 38.1 g