Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious variation.
- 1 3⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk, extra
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Spray a gugelhupf pan to grease.
- Using electric beater beat icing sugar, oil and vanilla sugar until smooth.
- Add egg yolks and mix until just combined.
- Mix in 1/2 the flour then 1/2 the milk. Repeat with the remaining. Mix until well combined.
- Using electric beater whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold through cake mix.
- Spoon half cake mix into container.
- Combine cocoa and extra milk in small bowl.
- Stir into remaining cake mix.
- Spoon into tin and using a knife fold together to get marbled effect.
- Bake in oven 1 hour until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with icing sugar to serve.
What a great cake! Used Australian cups. Very clear instructions so no confusion! I found it hard to 'marble' the mixture but I'm sure that's because it got quite warm - so next time I'll make sure I keep everything very cool! Many thanks!