1/1 Photo of Chocolate Griddle Cakes With Chocolate Sauce
Very chocolate pancakes with a very chocolate sauce that you may also use for finger painting your Valentine (or save it just for the finger painting and top the cakes with whipped cream and berries).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 7 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (not unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For griddle cakes
- 1Make sauce:.
- 2Bring cream to a boil in a 1-quart saucepan, then pour hot cream over chocolate and sugar in a bowl, gently whisking until smooth.
- 3Mix in Amaretto.
- 4Keep warm or at room temperature.
- 5Make griddle cakes:.
- 6Sift together cocoa, cinnamon, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- 7Whisk in eggs, yolk, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla until combined well.
- 8Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over moderately low heat and lightly coat with butter.
- 9Working in batches of 2 or 3, pour 1/3 cup batter per cake onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on surface, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 10Flip cakes with a large spatula and cook until tops spring back when pressed gently, about 1 minute more.
- 11Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- 12Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to griddle between batches.
- 13Serve cakes in stacks, topped with chocolate sauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Griddle Cakes With Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.8
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 221.1 mg
- Sodium 335.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 60.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: