Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom never used a recipe, so I had to work this out from watching her cook. If you've never had Chocolate gravy, your family is in for a real breakfast treat! If you have, chances are you haven't had it in years because you couldn't find a recipe. Well here it is for all to enjoy...and you will, time and time again!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup cocoa
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- vanilla extract (to taste)
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients well.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Stir constantly and cook until thickened.
- Add vanilla extract to taste.
- Serve over biscuits.