Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to love spending the night at my aunt's house because she would make this gravy and homemade biscuits for breakfast! YUM!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups milk
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cocoa and flour; stir until a thick paste is formed.
- Stir in sugar and milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Serve over buttered biscuits or buttered toast.
This is the BEST chocolate gravy I've ever made! So simple and easy to do..my family loves it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum! What a fun breakfast! I've had chocolate gravy once or twice before...wasn't something my mom ever made! I had a couple leftover biscuits (canned leftover biscuits are never really that good), so covered them up with this and it was delicious! : ) Thanks so much for posting; this is something I will make again on occasion.
I'm excited to try this recipe! My family had this a couple of times growing up for Christmas morning breakfast, we put it on english muffins. My dad was the one who made it, but can't for the life of him remember exactly how. I'm so glad to find it on here.