Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hershey's cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Nestles Quik
- 4 tablespoons flour or 4 tablespoons Bisquick
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 6 buttered biscuits
- In a sauce pan, add the sugar and water.
- Place on stove with medium heat.
- While the syrup is cooking down mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add hot water, just enough to form a medium thick paste. Stir with a Whisk.
- When the chocolate paste is well mixed, add it to the water/sugar syrup on the stove.
- Continually stir the final mixture with a whisk while cooking over moderate heat.
- Cook until the mixture is about as thick as regular gravy. If you stop the mixing action the gravy at the bottom of the pan will thicken too quickly.
- When thickened to about like regular gravy, add the butter and vanilla.
- Stir until the butter is mostly melted. Remove from the heat.
- Pour over the hot buttered biscuits.