My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauce pan, add the sugar and water.
- 2Place on stove with medium heat.
- 3While the syrup is cooking down mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- 4Add hot water, just enough to form a medium thick paste. Stir with a Whisk.
- 5When the chocolate paste is well mixed, add it to the water/sugar syrup on the stove.
- 6Continually stir the final mixture with a whisk while cooking over moderate heat.
- 7Cook until the mixture is about as thick as regular gravy. If you stop the mixing action the gravy at the bottom of the pan will thicken too quickly.
- 8When thickened to about like regular gravy, add the butter and vanilla.
- 9Stir until the butter is mostly melted. Remove from the heat.
- 10Pour over the hot buttered biscuits.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 497.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g