Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Well, you can't be a true southerner without making gravy out of almost anything. We had this gravy at a local B & B and thought it was wonderful. I LOVE to serve it over French toast!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cocoa and flour and stir until a thick paste is formed.
- Stir in sugar and milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
Definately a southern food. Was so sweet I feared I'd have to see the dentist right after eating :p . I don't remember it being that sweet when I was a kid... but my son love's it, lol.