1/2 Photos of Chocolate Gravy
My kids love this stuff for a breakfast treat. My husband thinks it's better as a dessert, after his eggs and bacon, LOL. This recipe is posted for Newspapergal. I found it in an old church cookbook, the original recipe provided by a dear friend of my aunt's. This is to be served over hot, buttered biscuits-an extra yummy treat for the kids, little and big ones alike!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt.
- 2Add in just enough of the milk to make the mixture a smooth paste.
- 3Gradually add the rest of the milk, stirring well.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the consistency of pudding.
- 5Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 6Serve over hot, buttered biscuits.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g