My kids love this stuff for a breakfast treat. My husband thinks it's better as a dessert, after his eggs and bacon, LOL. This recipe is posted for Newspapergal. I found it in an old church cookbook, the original recipe provided by a dear friend of my aunt's. This is to be served over hot, buttered biscuits-an extra yummy treat for the kids, little and big ones alike!
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt.
- Add in just enough of the milk to make the mixture a smooth paste.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk, stirring well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the consistency of pudding.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve over hot, buttered biscuits.
Very tasty, although next time I'll add more chocolate powder; also added butter with the vanilla.
I made half the recipe, and it was delicious on the hot biscuits. I had some leftover so later I spooned it on a slice of pound cake after dinner. Both were a real treat. Thanks Lori! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.
Excellent...just like eating warm chocolate pie!