Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is not my recipe, but I forgot what blog it came from!!! I took the original (which was Granola Bites) and changed it a bit and it turned out really yummy. See note about oatmeal substitution.
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable glycerin (food grade)
- 25 drops chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients; combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing really well to coat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the granola evenly. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven and let cool; store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: You can sub up to 1-1/2 cups of oats for any of the nuts or seeds. That makes it not grain free then.