Recipe by Chilicat
These no-bake bars are full of all the ingredients that make a granola bar good:oats, honey, peanut butter, coconut and, of course, chocolate! I found this recipe at verybestbaking.com.
- 2 cups chocolate chips (a 12 oz. bag)
- 1 1⁄2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine morsels, cereal, oats, coconut and sunflower seeds in large bowl.
- Heat honey and butter in small, uncovered saucepan until mixture just comes to a boil; reduce heat. Boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted and well combined.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over chocolate mixture in bowl. Stir well to combine (morsels will melt). Carefully press mixture firmly into prepared baking pan with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Cover; refrigerate until firm. When firm, cut into bars. Store in a covered container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.