Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My friend and I were bored one day and really wanted granola bars. If it can be made by a couple of bored teenagers, its easy enough for anyone to make. We used ingredients that we just happened to have in the house. Leave some ingredients out or add some of your own. It's a recipe that's difficult to mess up.
- 5 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, pecans... whatever you like)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (both is even better!) or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (both is even better!)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine and mix all ingredients.
- Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Put mixture into pan and press firmly.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Let cool and enjoy!