Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Great after school snack for the kids, or a get together. Can be easily doubled. Braeburn, Gala , and Fuji apples will work for this.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat granola (without raisins)
- 1 large braeburn apple, cut into 16 wedges
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, or until chocolate melts.
- Place granola in a shallow dish.
- Dip apple wedges skin side up, in chocolate to drip back in bowl.
- Dredge wedges in granola.
- Place wedges chocolate side up on a large plate, and refridgerate for 5 minutes, or until set.
Lip smacking, tongue tinkling, heart healthy delicious!! Used granny smith apples (we like them tart!) and dark chocolate. Great snack or as we had them dessert during the Monday night football game. Little tip - I did have to process the granola a bit to make it finer to adhere to the chocolate (could be just my granola pieces) but once I did that they stuck like gold. Congrats on your win in the Football Pool.