Recipe by swissms
A chocolate yeast bread studded with chocolate chips and macerated orange rind and flavored with Grand Marnier.
Macerated Orange RInd
- 5 ounces candied orange peel
- 3 -4 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce fresh yeast
- 1⁄2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 10 ounces unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 ounce cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 lb granulated sugar
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Macerated Orange Rind:.
- Dice candied orange rind and macerate in Grand Marnier overnight.
- Crumble yeast into bowl of an electric mixer and add the milk. Blend with whisk or wooden spatula. Fold in 1/3 of the flour. Spoon remaining flour on top of the starter. Do not mix; Allow ingredients to proof undisturbed until deep cracks appear in the surface of the flour, about 30 minutes.
- Place bowl containing starter on mixer. Use dough hook to blend in the surface flour. Add the cocoa, sugar, flour, water, and softened butter. Mix until ingredients are incorporated and dough completely pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 10 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and macerated orange rind with Grand Marnier (add Grand Marnier to bread; do not drain.) Mix for another 2 minutes; then place dough on a floured surface, cover with a damp cloth, and leave to rest 20 minutes.
- Cut in half, shape each half to form in round bowl, and place in floured bowl covered with a linen cloth. Leave to proof for 4 hours in cool temperature. Then proof at room temperature for another 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Remove dough from the bowl, place on hot baking stone, and bake until bread sound hollow when tapped, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven and cool on a wire rack. When cooled completely, slice and serve spread with orange marmalade.