1/1 Photo of Chocolate Graham Pecan Squares
Chef Dee's Note:
This is my favourite square to make for Christmas trays. The layers look so nice, and the caramel colored icing adds some variation on a tray. The taste is also a hit, it is one square that is not too sweet. This is a variation on a Company's Coming recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1Line crackers on a Pam sprayed 9x13 pan.
- 2In a large saucepan, over med heat soften the margarine. Add the milk and brown sugar, bring to a boil.
- 3Boil 1 min, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the choc chips until melted.
- 5Fold in the graham crumbs and pecans, then spread over the graham crackers.
- 6Filling will look soft.
- 7Place a layer of graham crackers over top.
- 8Chill to set, then frost as instructed.
- 9FROSTING: On med. heat melt margarine in saucepan, add milk and brown sugar. Low boil for 1 minute.
- 10Simmer on low for 2 minutes, then pour into mixing bowl.
- 11When cool, beat in the icing sugar.
- 12Icing should be firm but soft enough to spread, you may add more sugar or milk to get the right consistency.
- 13Run a fork down the icing making a lined design.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Graham Pecan Squares
Serving Size: 1 (2691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 163.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g