From food preserving yahoo group.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Cut out two sheets of parchment as large as your cookie sheets.
- 3In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, cocoa, sugar, and baking powder.
- 4With a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour mixture until evenly crumbly.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine the honey and milk, stirring until the honey dissolves.
- 6Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and toss lightly with a fork until the dough comes together. Add additional milk, if necessary.
- 7Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and fold it over gently 10 to 12 times, until smooth.
- 8Divide the dough in half. Work with half the dough at a time, keeping the remaining dough covered.
- 9Transfer one piece of dough to a piece of parchment. Roll it into a rectangle a bit larger than 10 x 14 inches; the dough will be about 1/16 inch thick.
- 10Trim the edges and prick the dough evenly with a dough docker or fork. Repeat with the remaining dough and parchment.
- 11Place the rolled-out dough pieces, on their parchment, onto baking sheets.
- 12Bake the crackers for 15 minutes, or until you begin to smell chocolate.
- 13Remove them from the oven, and immediately cut them into rectangles with a pizza wheel or knife.
- 14Transfer them to a rack to cool. Store the cooled crackers tightly wrapped.
- 15Yield: 32 - 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch crackers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Graham Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 25.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: