Recipe by Topher
A unique twist to a chocolate cake. Found online at Culinary Concoctions. I think trying it with chocolate graham cracker crumbs would be really interesting too.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and add sugar and egg yolks, mixing until well combined.
- Add graham craker crumbs, baking powder, cocoa, salt, milk, vanilla extract; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 inch round pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the cream and sugar in a small saucepan and heat to a boil. Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth. Serve warm over cake.