Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the www.hersheys.com website today and it's another great way to use up some of that leftover Halloween candy! :-)
- 2 cups candy bars, chopped (any combination that you like!)
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa, Hershey's
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Remove wrappers from candies. Cut each candy into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs. Stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla and candy pieces. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and begin to crack slightly; do not overbake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
What a great idea! These brownies were good the first day and held well to the second day. I was able to get them out of the pan just fine using Pam (I thought the candy might stick), but using foil greased with Pam worked very well, too.