Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was sent to me by my sister Sue in Nebraska who got this from it's creator Elaine Schwang. My kids tried it (actually, they were the ones who made it) and they loved it. Between my two kids and the neighbor kids, this treat lasted less than 15 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour melted butter into cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Press chocolate cake mix into melted butter.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips and oatmeal.
- Drizzle condensed milk over all.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
VERY easy to prepare and very delicious! I made it for the grandkids and had to fight them off to get just one piece for myself. Amazing how vicious six year olds can be when they're after something they really want! Next time, I'll definitely double recipe 'cuz one pan goes far too fast. These bars are gooey so they're best served outdoors where a hose is handy.