Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are nice and chewy. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- For the base- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Blend in flour, milk, and vanilla.
- Press evenly into an 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 375ø for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For the topping- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add milk and chocolate, mixing over low heat until chocolate has melted. DO NOT BOIL.
- When chocolate is melted remvoe from stove and stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Spread across the cookie base.
- Chill until set. Cut into 16 bars.