1/1 Photo of Chocolate Goodies (Squares)
I found this recipe in my Company's Coming Millennium Edition cookbook. They are a very delicious square without being too sweet. I thought with the condensed milk, 2 sugars and chocolate chips they would be sickly sweet but they're not at all. They are fabulous! The only tip I have about this recipe is that it says to spread the remaining batter on top but it is very hard to "spread" it because of its consistency. Instead I just took little pieces of the dough and flattened it out in my hand and placed it on top of the chocolate layer. It works out fine. I just wanted to update this recipe by saying that doubling this recipe works very well. It just fits into a 9 x 11 pan and the left over dough make amazing oatmeal cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream first amount of margarine and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- 2Beat in egg and first amount of vanilla.
- 3Add flour, rolled oats and baking soda; mix.
- 4Pack 2/3 of oat mixture in greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- 5Heat and stir remaining 4 ingredients in small saucepan until chocolate chips are melted.
- 6Spread over bottom layer.
- 7Drop remaining rolled oat mixture in little dabs over top.
- 8Spread as best you can.
- 9Don't be concerned if a few spaces aren't covered.
- 10Bake in 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 12Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Goodies (Squares)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 150.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g