Recipe by LilDaemon
Surprisingly good! Made with goat cheese instead of heavy cream or condensed milk.
- 4 ounces excellent quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese (plain fromage)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for coating truffle
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until it is smooth and completely melted. Remove chocolate from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile lightly whip goat cheese and vanilla until fluffy and light. And chocolate and continue mixing until well combined. Chill mixture, covered, for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Form heaping teaspoons of the chilled mixture into balls (1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter). If the texture is too crumbly, allow it to warm at room temperature for a few minutes until it is workable. Chill balls and roll in cocoa powder to finish. Truffles should be kept chilled in an airtight container.