From Southern Living. One of their all-time favorite recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and butter; stir to blend well.
- 2Press mixture onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- 3In another bowl, combine 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar; using an electric mixture, beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- 4Add 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; beat well.
- 5Stir in melted chocolate and 1/3 cup sour cream.
- 6Spoon mixture over chocolate crust.
- 7In another bowl, combine remaining 8 ounce package cream cheese, brown sugar and flour; beat until fluffy.
- 8Add in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat well.
- 9Stir in pecans; spoon mixture over chocolate layer.
- 10In another bowl, combine 5 ounces cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; beat until fluffy.
- 11Add in remaining egg; beat well.
- 12Stir in remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- 13Spoon over pecan layer.
- 14Bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour.
- 15Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- 16Open oven door and leave cheesecake in oven for another 30 minutes.
- 17Cool; then cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 18Remove from pan; spread warm glaze on top.
- 19To make Chocolate Glaze: Add chocolate and butter to the top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- 20Lower heat; cook until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- 21Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- 22Spread warm glaze over cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Glazed Triple-Layer Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.9
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Sodium 432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g