Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living. One of their all-time favorite recipes.
Make and share this Chocolate Glazed Triple-Layer Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened and divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream, divided
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and butter; stir to blend well.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar; using an electric mixture, beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in melted chocolate and 1/3 cup sour cream.
- Spoon mixture over chocolate crust.
- In another bowl, combine remaining 8 ounce package cream cheese, brown sugar and flour; beat until fluffy.
- Add in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in pecans; spoon mixture over chocolate layer.
- In another bowl, combine 5 ounces cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add in remaining egg; beat well.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- Spoon over pecan layer.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Open oven door and leave cheesecake in oven for another 30 minutes.
- Cool; then cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Remove from pan; spread warm glaze on top.
- To make Chocolate Glaze: Add chocolate and butter to the top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
- Lower heat; cook until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Spread warm glaze over cheesecake.